We are a cross-disciplinary practice that places community at the centre of all we do. We’re also advocates for Enquiry by Design as a powerful tool for design investigation and consultation.
At Deicke Richards, we use design to achieve social purpose. Working across ageing, cities, education and housing, we listen, share and care.
Based in Brisbane, our team – led by John Deicke, Eloise Atkinson and Cameron Davies – works across Australia. We are known for our collaborative processes, responsive approach and inclusive culture.
Deicke Richards provides integrated services to public and private sector clients, schools and universities, housing and aged care providers, not-for-profit and faith-based organisations and local, state and federal government agencies.
Our vision is to be valued for creating effective outcomes that respond thoughtfully and beautifully to the needs of people and place.
Our culture is defined by three core values that shape who we are and how we work with colleagues, clients and communities.
We listen – and lean-in to each other, clients and communities.
We share – our ideas, knowledge and perspectives.
We care – about shaping a responsive, inclusive and equitable world.
Awards in the built environment celebrate the collective effort between our team, clients and communities. Here’s some of our recent awards and commendations.
- St Thomas Aquinas Centre, Queensland Architecture Award, AIA Awards, Winner – Educational Architecture
- St Thomas Aquinas Centre, Gold Coast and Northern Rivers Region AIA Awards, Commendation – Educational Architecture
- The Spit Master Plan, Gold Coast Urban Design Awards, Winner – Unbuilt Projects
- John Paul College Kindergarten – New Building & Extension, Learning Environments Australasia (LEA) Awards for Excellence in Educational Design, Winner Category 6: Small Projects under AU$2 million, Joint Overall Winner
- The Spit Master Plan, Minister’s Award for Urban Design – Commendation
- The Spit Master Plan, PIA Queensland Awards: Best Planning Ideas – Large Project, Public Engagement & Community Planning, Overall Winner
- TriCare Kawana Waters Aged Care Residence, AIA Regional Commendation
- Crescent House, Australian Interior Design Awards, Best in State Residential Category
- Crescent House, Houses Awards, Shortlisted
- Stella Maris Catholic Church, Maroochydore, Australian Interior Design Awards, Shortlisted
- Crescent House, Think Brick Awards 2017, Bruce Mackenzie Landscape Award
- Central Village Heritage Precinct, AIA Regional Commendation, Heritage
- Yeerongpilly TOD, Detailed Plan of Development, AIA Regional Commendation, Urban Design
- Yeerongpilly TOD, PIA Queensland Awards for Excellence, The Hard Won Victory
- Hymba Yumba Community Hub, AIA Regional Commendation, Education Architecture